These ties of the heart… These ties of the heart…
are oh so lovable And yet, l have such a crazy heart No, not a word!
l’ve won the round today l’ve got to Bombay before Jai!
Sushma… You’re late again, dad.
– Who’s that…? My flight got delayed
in London by 2 hours Or l would surely have
beaten you at it this time That’s all right.
Try next time So… where is she?
ln the room? Who?
– The girl Where is my daughter-in-law to be?
You’ve returned empty-handed again? – You’re the one the girls
are crazy about, dad We can always talk about the girl.
How about wishing Mom first? Have you met her? l’m the first to arrive, but it’s
your right to greet her first l’m late. lt’s my mistake ? And your son wouldn’t meet you
because he wanted me… to wish you a happy birthday first You’ve given me a great son.
But there’s one hitch He hasn’t brought me
a daughter-in-law yet A daughter-in-law isn’t everything…
all right, she is l promise, l’ll bring one
by the next year But you’re with me, aren’t you? He’s still not willing to believe
that the plane-crash… he still thinks that you will
return some day l mean, l’ll get a wrong shot One moment? Give me the camera and stand
with Jai. l’ll take the pictures Say paneer (cottage cheese)
– lt’s cheese, dad Cheese is too English, son. Paneer
brings out the lndianness in you Say paneer Wow! God has given you
your soulmate… What’s happening, dad?
– l sometimes think… you do make a great couple.
– Couple…? l’m Jai’s best friend.
Not girlfriend No marriage for Anita.
Only social-service, right? Social-service…? You mean you do
social service in those clothes? lt isn’t necessary to wear hand-spun
clothes for social service What is necessary is to make people
like you dole out the money l get it! l was only taking
a picture of yours… and you’re getting me on film!
Sit down and chat You may leave, uncle. But you’re
coming with me tomorrow, Jai Apart from earning money, you must
also do some charity in life lt’s good for the soul.
– But dad’s waiting for me lt’s only for ten minutes, Jai!
– Now look, Anita You spoke about charity, l agreed. You wanted a lift, and l gave it And now…
– Give me ten minutes l want you to the meet the principal You haven’t taken an appointment?
– No. She’s here at 10 every day l’m not meeting her
without an appointment You still have 9 minutes.
Go and take the appointment You’re giving half a million
in charity, Jai 8 minutes…
7 minutes 6… 5,4,3,2,1 … time out! What do l see…?
You’re studying? You passed out of school
because l bribed them… and bought the college you studied in.
And you’re now studying? You’ve fractured your finger?
No? Know what? l bribed my way
through education too l don’t have the brains to understand
that. What are you saying? Not you, dad.
– So? So there’s a girl… My son’s in love!
Fantastic! And you’ve been scanning
the books for romantic lines? l’ll give you the best possible
line they’ve used in love. Say… l know That’s exactly what
l’m trying to memorise l love you isn’t something
you got to memorise But if you still must,
repeat it after me l’d tell her, if she could listen.
– What does that mean? She can neither hear nor speak Now please don’t play the
villain between us, okay? ln your happiness lies mine, my son.
And it’s good too She can’t hear, nor speak.
She won’t know when we fight! Let’s go…
– Where to? You’re the groom, l’m the guest.
Let’s go and bring her No, dad. l don’t know
anything about her yet You drive your car at
the speed of a jet… but you move at snail’s pace in love?
Find out about her folks l’ll prepare for the wedding Would you know of the
beautiful teacher… ? Where’s the Principal’s office?
– Over there l’m going to have word with her… You went away yesterday! Mr Jai… who wanted
to see you yesterday Have you brought your cheque today?
– Oh yes Your cheque.
– You can speak! ? You can even hear!
– You can hear and speak too! What did you think? That everyone
here can neither hear nor speak? Happens, you know. People often
mistake me for a deaf and dumb l don’t want to
give you this money Not just this money.
l want to sponsor the whole show l have a condition.
– What? l want to help in organising the show. You won’t be able to do it l mean… what will you do?
– l can do just about anything Dusting the chairs, perhaps.
Or hammering in a nail… or just gaping at you.
– What? l mean, you can hear and speak.
So can l… it’s these kids who
need to be looked after Who’s there…?
Who is it? Me. Only me
– What are you doing up there? Following you…
l mean, with lights That isn’t your job.
Please come down l told you l could do
just about anything, l… Are you all right? The sand saved me You asked me to come down…
l took the shortcut Ever since l fell
in love with you… l can’t go to sleep,
nor do l have any peace Your choice.
– How did you know? When one gets close to someone… go on one gets to know about
her likes and dislikes l always thought l’d have to
be very formal with the sponsor But you…
– No formalities No formalities. So…? You’ve become a part
of our lives so soon… you don’t seem to be
an outsider at all Like it?
– Oh yes And Mr Sponsor wants me to
wear it during the show? Oh no. Actually… l’m lucky to have the opportunity
to wear such a beautiful necklace Watch it What are you doing?
– For memory One day to go for the show.
After that… After that it’ll all be over.
This tension and stuff And our relationship, too. Jai, relationships are made.
They never end What are you doing here?
– Won’t you say something to her? Are you crazy? l was just…
– Tell her how you feel Put some sincerity into it. lt must
look as if you can’t live without her No, it’s not happening Oh go away…
you’re ruining all my confidence Dad, please play Tia for a while Come along, dad Shut that mouth… please Tia, there’s something
l want to tell you Ever since l have seen you… why’re you glaring
at me like that, dad? Forget it, Jai.
lt’s not your cup of tea Looks like l’ll have to do something.
l’ll tell her Don’t you dare say a word to her.
– l will too! Goodness… Goodness me… my love, you are the one
l have fallen in love with Goodness! With my eyes, l have
secretly told you that l yield How will l meet your gaze?
l feel so very shy How will l live
without seeing you? lt almost kills me lt goes berserk in love with you…
my anklets won’t listen to me Pining torments me.
Love has been my undoing Goodness! With your name on my lips,
l spend my days… l spend my nights pining l remember every moment
the naughty things you did My lips thirst for love.
The fire rages on How will l reason with my heart?
lt’s so crazy Goodness! You are the one l have loved Goodness! You are my beloved.
You are the one l love Thanks for saying yes This humble gift… for you To the beginning
of our new relationship To the beginning
of our new relationship l’ll first have to say l love you
l’ve had it! Whom are you talking to? l’m glad l met you.
l personally wanted to thank you lt’s because of you that this
charity show is a success Oh no, l only put in some money.
– Not just the money You have put your heart in it too Actually, you’re right And l’m also glad l’ve met you.
Because.. .. l too… Yes? Go on.
What is it? May l say it?
– Of course, go ahead That’s all l’ve learnt…
for you The first time l saw you,
l thought you were… l’ve been all over the world But no girl has ever made.. ..a place in my heart And l think you too… Here’s your beloved, Tia! Sorry to have kept you waiting.
But my plane let me down again What are you doing out here?
There’s no one around… …has the show-time changed? The show is over, Raj Shall we go?
– Looks like l’m in for trouble Sure, let’s go Tia, when is this programme of
yours going to be telecast again? After all, l’ll have to
watch your programme too Please tighten your seat-belt. We’re ready for take-off Say something, Tia… please Tell me something. lf you were
angry with me, why did you hug me? And since you have hugged me,
why are you angry with me? Say something, please lf not anything something good,
you may even scold me You’re not going to find
a lover like me, Tia… l’m begging to be scolded! l can make you open your mouth. Which ice-cream will you have? Give me an ice-cream that
will change the lady’s mood Be ready. The moment they
walk in, switch that on And you… shower rose-petals
the moment he arrives Astride the mare
goes the bridegroom… with the sword tied to his waist He looks so proud to have
found a beautiful bride… they do make a great couple Raj…
– At last, she speaks! Looks like the ice-cream
has worked its magic Yes? Do you love me? Love…? That’s a very crooked question.
– Tell me Tia, we’ve known each other
for four years The first time l met you,
l felt a sense of belonging Yours is the face that lingers
before my eyes all day and night Whether l’m busy or far away…
you’re always close to my heart You’re the one l will
live and die for What l actually mean
to say is that… l want to grow old with you And some day, on this very bench,
l want to lie in your lap… and have an ice-cream ls this what they call love? Why don’t we get married then?
– Married…? There’s a problem. What? Tell me, Raj lt’s like this, Tia.
The two of us do want to get married But who will marry us? l had decided to bring your
daughter-in-law home today l even proposed to her. But at the last moment… l’ll do my best, Ma.
l’ll do what l can God… …why does this happen
only to my son? He couldn’t forget his mother… how will he ever forget his love? Who’s calling?
– l’m her friend Tia, call for you Who is it? Your friend l have a request, Tia. l want to meet you Jai, if there’s something you
want to say, tell me now… No, Tia. l’ve got to
talk to you in person l’m sorry, Jai.
l won’t be able to come Once… only once. Remember what you said? Relationships are born.
They never end Do come for whatever relationship
you think we share Cafe Bistro, at 5 this evening. l’ll wait for you You will come, won’t you? Come What is the matter, Jai? There are
no people in your restaurant…? There will be no one. lt’s booked only for you Your choice Tia, after the show got over, when you were no longer with me… l felt as if there was.. ..a huge void in my life Jai, you know l…
– l know everything, Tia What you perhaps don’t know is that.. ..l run a huge business empire M.D.’s and CEO’s the world over.. ..long to spend time with me and l… l long for you, Tia You have the whole world to
get on with your business, Jai So why must you want to make my
little world your business? Because l’m in love with you, Tia l want to marry you You can’t turn an acquaintance of
a few days into such a relationship Why not?
– Ties of the heart… that you want to forge with me, l already share with Raj So why are you…
– Now look, Tia… if you wish, we could right now…
– Excuse me lf you’ve called me here to seek
an answer to your proposal… my answer is No, Mr Jai Mehta Thank you very much.
l’m getting late l was so sure that Tia loves you.
She looked so happy with you How could she refuse you and go away
with that guy on the mobike? Cheer up, my son Now listen to this!
There was this boy like you… who went crazy looking for his girl And someone gave him the idea
of advertising in the newspapers Wanted wife
The boy agreed He issued an ad…
Wanted Wife He got thousands of letters in a week. One thing was common in all of them Guess what…? Take my wife away
any time you want to they said! l’m only trying to change your mood She came there, didn’t she?
That’s it, she’s interested then Her parents could have
made a commitment elsewhere But she need not necessarily
agree with it She isn’t married yet, my son.
You still have a chance Don’t lose hope Keep trying, your appeal
for love will be upheld some day Welcome, Mr Late Latif.
– Me…? Who are you? The master has sent these flowers
and a letter for you He has also asked for a reply
– Royal style, all right! These flowers are testimony
of my love for you And l wait for the day
when you will love me too The dust and pollution of this city
could make your beauty wither away This is the key to the car at
your door-step. Your birthday gift From me.
Yours, Jai Give this back to him ? Tia, tell Raj l’ll be there
in a moment Raj hasn’t arrived yet, Mother.
Someone rang the bell by mistake… You’re back again? l love you so much, l keep
coming back to get a scolding This bouquet?
Where did you find it? A gift of nature.
– Nature? Yes. We were brought up
on wind, dust and water… so nature obviously gave it…
– Where did you find it? l found it lying outside and liked it.
l thought l’d pick it up for you lsn’t it nice?
– Can’t you even buy a bouquet? So you’re late again? How are you?
– Not nice at all Nice flowers.
– He’s brought someone else’s bouquet He can’t even remember to buy flowers! Your love makes me forget everything Why don’t you forget coming here?
Or where l live? Or me instead? l forgot that too,
but l had left my licence here l saw a cop and remembered.
So where’s my licence? Which means… he doesn’t even
remember my birthday! My God! ls it your birthday? No wonder you’re looking so good today.
For the first time ever Look at him, Mother! You know how Raj loves
to tease you He can’t digest his food
till he pulls your leg Why did you do that…? You
could’ve spared her at least today lt’s her birthday.
Now go and placate her You look very beautiful
today… really On this auspicious occasion
of her birthday… l think l’d rather marry Tia
and take her away… instead of giving her something What say? You’re right. l think it’s time
the two of you got married But are you going to bother Tia
even after the wedding? Absolutely. This fun and laughter
is what life is all about So let’s decide the rest
of the things too The rest of the things…? l have no one of my own So l’ll myself have to
talk about the dowry, right? Dowry…? As you know, Raj… …everything
l possess, belongs to Tia What else do you want?
Tell me Think it over, mother.
– Raj, what are you…? l’ve thought it over.
What do you want, tell me You, mother l want a mother in dowry l don’t want to be orphaned
all over again But a mother does not live
in her daughter’s house She lives in her son’s house,
doesn’t she? Even if you don’t call me your son,
treat me like one, mother Say yes mother l have everything today, Mother.
Everything Take your girlfriend to a seven-star
and she says she loves you Here’s the seven-star Wait… where are we going? Get down Here?
– Where else? But you said…
– Seven-star. This is the one Even if it’s a small place,
one must have a large-heart You got to be hungry to eat.
Are you hungry? Come on Do something special today…
it’s Tia’s birthday Will be done, sir Please sit down l’ll be back in a moment, sir What do you think of the place? Why’ve you kept the plant here?
– lt’s the lady’s birthday, sir Oh yes, it is You’ve changed the whole scene.
Why did you have to spend so much? l have… so it’s all right Such a huge cake… for me?
– No. lt’s not our cake Mister… please take the cake away.
lt’s not ours Stop kidding, Raj. lt even has
my name written on it One moment… let me confirm Any girl by the name Tia in here?
You, perhaps…? l think you’re the only one
who’s Tia May l cut the cake then?
– No Aren’t you supposed to close
your eyes and make a wish first? l’ve done it.
Raj, what are you…? Nothing. Just cut the cake Where are you taking it?
– Let me serve dinner, sir What for? We’re going
to be happy with the cake l’ll have the upper-deck,
Tia’ll have the lower one Nice joke…
– l’m not joking! Raj, l’ll never forget
this lovely evening! Neither will l.
After all those dishes… l mean, we have yet to eat Please get me the bill.
– Your bill has been paid, sir Paid? But please give me the bill.
– As l said, sir… Maybe l look like a tramp,
but l’m a decent guy You can adjust with me, if l’m short
of dough. You can keep my watch Sir, you do crack nice jokes.
– l don’t crack jokes at all l’m a serious man.
– So am l… and l tell you seriously
that your bill has been paid This is strange!
Who could have paid the bill? l know who paid it.
– Who? Was it fun? Jai, l’ve told you in plain terms that
there is no place for you in my life So why did you…?
– So you’re the one who sent… those flowers and the cake…?
l’m very happy to meet you What makes me more happy is that you
have changed the colour of our evening – Not at all. Such a big day in
Tia’s life and this dingy place…? l thought l’d make it
worthy of Tia Mr Jai Mehta, maybe you’re
a big man… but you have no right
to call someone small And who gave you the right
to do that? Who…? And you call Raj…
– Not me, Tia… he called the eatery small.
– You don’t understand, Raj He sponsored the show
at our school He even proposed to me…
but l turned him down Ever since, he has been trying
to impress me. He’s trying to… create misunderstandings between us.
– Tia, is there room for misunderstanding between us? Jai-saheb, we aren’t married yet But we’ve divorced each other
several times Just think what a deep relationship
we must share lt’s not your mistake, l must say.
Tia is indeed very beautiful l call it my good-fortune
that Tia’s in love with me Actually, intimacy between hearts
can never be forced lt happens on its own Now for the bill you paid… Please keep it.
For Tia’s sake Your arrangements were excellent.
The food and especially the music See? This is how my Raj is lf you’re so fond of
making arrangements… my wedding is coming up next week.
With Raj This relationship of hearts
is so loveable And yet, we are
so crazed at heart We are madly in love
with each other… the whole world knows that This relationship of hearts
is so loveable Your kiss on my eyes, my love… your kiss on my eyes, my love… has made me blossom You have made me blossom And yet, we are
so crazy at heart This relationship of hearts
is so loveable ln loneliness, my love… in loneliness, my love… l have called out
to you very often We sure are crazy at heart This relationship of hearts
is so loveable Jai…?
– Raj? What a co-incidence!
My motorbike has stalled Come, l’ll give you a ride So where will you go?
– The hospital Bikes are repaired in a garage,
not hospitals Tia’s in hospital Which hospital?
– Avon What happened to Tia?
– That which happens after marriage Tia’s becoming a mother l don’t drink Jai, my family will
be complete today Tia will be a mother
and l – a father This is the biggest joy in the
lives of those in love, isn’t it? Oh yes, l guess so l forgot to ask about you You’ve grown a stubble…
no problems, l hope? Forget about me. You’re becoming a father and… starting a family. How does it feel?
– Fantastic Should l sing, dance, go berserk…?
l don’t know what to do Because l’m an orphan, l know
how precious the love of parents is But my child isn’t destined to
lead the life of an orphan He’ll get love from his
mother, his grandmother… and what is most important…
the name of his father. My name When someone asks him what
his Papa’s name is… he’ll say in his
babyish way, Laj My papa’s name is Laj The happiness shows in your eyes.
– Yes, l’ve found all relationships Relationships of the heart Aren’t you coming in? You ought to spend this time
with Tia alone And Raj… should you ever need something… Tia, here comes your beloved
The nurse told me it’s a baby-boy! Here he comes. Late, as usual
– l’m not late… Careful!
– So sweet! My little boy! My little boy! He’s taken after me, hasn’t he?
– Yes But his eyes are like Tia’s His eyes, nose, cheeks,
ears, mouth… are all like Tia’s.
The rest is all like you See? Your mother and my mother
have ganged up together But that’s all right.
You’re going to be my darling boy l’ll give you all the love… l never had in my childhood You have given me the relationship… …l probably wasn’t destined to have You have given me
the cheerfulness of the Sun You have given me
the calmness of the Moon You have given me
every happiness You are very kind, my dear lady You are very kind, my dear lady We are so crazy at heart We are madly in love
with each other… that we are madly in love
with each other… the whole world knows This relationship of hearts
is so loveable This intimacy between our hearts
is so loveable Don’t cry, Anshu…
look, Papa’s here What happened, Raj?
– l’m tired, mother l’m tired of life, Tia. l have
the same rickety motorbike… the same irritating life…
shut up! l thought my life would change after
you came… but nothing happened The same old mobike!
– Am l…? And l thought Anshu would be
bring me a stroke of good luck But it’s the same old motorbike!
When you can’t get your motorbike… serviced properly,
how is my son to blame? Who’s blaming him? l ask,
when Anshu grows up… how will the three of us
go on the motorcycle? On the rickety motorcycle!
– Yes! How will we move on it? Like everyone else does! Raj, we are happy. Even if
we’re making less money… we are at least happy, aren’t we?
– But l’m not happy! l think l’ll give up…
l can’t take the nagging! What?
– Why think? l give up! Right now, l give up!
– What’s gotten into him? Go and find out. Go What’s gotten into you, Raj?
– l said, l give up! l told you, l give up!
l give up this rickety motorbike! For you, a new car! A new car and an old driver You don’t want a new driver,
do you? What happened?
– Raj has got a new car. Look The office gave it to me.
And a promotion too The post of branch manager. Why did you tease Tia? For fun, mother As compensation, let’s all
dine at a 5-star this evening 5-star or 7-star?
– l told you The two of you may go.
– No, Mother. You must join us There are times the husband and
wife must go out on their own We’ll can always do that, mother.
– l told you! Hear that…?
That’s what Anshu wants too Tia, here comes your beloved Where are you going?
l’m your husband l’ve got mother’s permission Park it carefully, please l could only dream of
such 5-star hotels Give up these dreams. They’re
part of someone’s life now You’re right, Anita. But how
will l reason with my heart? lt still dreams of Tia What else do you dream of? Another promotion, another car
and another visit to this 5-star That’s not what we are here for.
– What else? We are here only for your smile Your smile, the dot on your forehead, and those eyes… what happened ? She’s my first and last love How will l forget her? Who’s asking you to forget her Jai? l’m only asking you to take courage
from her memories That’s easier said, Anita.
lt’s easier said This much would’ve paid the
grocer’s bill for a month! Do you now understand
what a 5-star is? lt’s all right.
For the sake or our happiness We don’t come here every day Shall we leave?
– The change…? lt’s a tip.
– So much… ? 20 rupees should be enough May l say something, sir?
– Go ahead lf your love is true, God will
always brings hearts together See?
– He’s right lf love is true. l understand So you mean l’m not really
in love with Tia? You are. But have you thought
of how much Raj loves her? Have you thought that Tia’s
happiness lies in Raj? Have you ever considered that
if your love for Tia is true… ..in her happiness must lie
your own joy But why would you think like that? Henceforth… No more booze for me! Here’s my car You won’t forget your promise
after you sober down, will you? So you don’t trust me?
– l do So your trust is perfectly in place.
Give me the keys l’ll drive the car tonight.
Please! Only tonight Here you are Jai Mehta’s starting a new life. Papa will be very happy All thanks to you Watch out! What are you doing…? You’re in the wrong lane, Jai! You’ve saved a jilted lover
from dying Nothing will happen to you Nothing’s happening to you Go to sleep…
go back to sleep Raj and Anita…
– l know, my son And Tia?
– The doctors are trying to revive her Hasn’t she regained consciousness?
Please take me to her Tia, my child… Tia, look at me… Doctor… what’s happened to Tia?
– Everything will be all right Why doesn’t she speak?
– Please don’t worry… we are doing our best Doctor, what’s happened to her? Nothing can be said
about a case like this Please arrange for the money.
We might need an operation… You needn’t worry about the money.
l’ll meet all the expenses, doctor But you must save this girl’s life Who’s he…?
– Mr Mehta lt’s his son’s car your
daughter had an accident with Please come with me, Mr Mehta.
We have many formalities to complete We’ll keep the patient under
observation all 24 hours Mother… l’m your culprit, mother l’ve made this mistake, mother l wasn’t in my senses l was drunk. So when Raj’s car… You can hit me as much as you want to. Give me any punishment you wish to Because of my negligence,
my friend Anita… she had told me that
she wanted to drive the car Had l listened to her,
Raj wouldn’t have died… Not Raj alone Under the wheels of your car,
it isn’t just Raj… you have crushed my entire family My daughter… she had just begun a new life And you’ve turned her into
a widow, in just a moment You have! Her son is longing for his mother He hadn’t even held his father’s hand
and learnt to walk yet. And you… you have orphaned him!
You have! And you … … come seeking pardon
after committing a crime? What can you do…? What? Can you bring Raj back to life? Can you return him alive to me?
Can you…? You can’t do a thing Nothing! Accidents some time affect
a patient’s mind so much… that they either lose their memory
or remember things very faintly Medically, this state is
called retrograde amnesia Patients like them
lead a normal life… but they can’t remember their past That’s just what has
happened to your daughter Simply put,
she has lost her memory With great difficulty we have
convinced her that you are her mother Doctor, when will she
regain her memory? lt might take days,
months or even years Or maybe she will never
regain her memory at all She might have to spend
a lifetime in this state Nothing can be said for sure.
We do try to make patients… regain their memory by reminding
them of past incidents… but that’s not how
Tia’s condition is The slightest bit of pressure on
her mind can drive her insane She could suffer a brain hemorrhage.
She could even die This is why you must
hide from her… the truth of her husband’s death
and her son’s identity That’s not all. You must destroy
all things that remind Tia of her past lf possible, take her to a place
where no one recognises her… but do not try to remind her
of any old incident Destroy all old memories On this auspicious occasion
of her birthday… l think l’d rather marry Tia
and take her away… instead of giving her a present But are you going to bother Tia
even after the wedding? Absolutely. This fun and laughter
is what life is all about lt’s great fun to be in a hospital.
Keep lying down like a Queen… everyone runs around to serve you,
but l’ve never been ill! Mother… please listen to me That which is destined,
is what always happens Good things and bad things But l was terribly upset
to hear of your loss Loss… ? This is the first time l’ve seen
death at such close quarters This accident is going to
drive me mad, mother Give me one chance, please! Madam, the doctor has forbidden you
from disturbing the patient You’re the one who’s
disturbing us She’s like my own daughter.
We’re very close to each other Aren’t we, Tia? But… who are you? What? Haven’t you recognised me?
– Mrs Bharucha… Tia, this is Mrs Bharucha But you…
– Mrs Bharucha… Doctor Modi wants to meet you.
– What for? He wants to ask you something.
– Ask me…? Let’s go He’s in his office. Let’s go Don’t ever crack such
jokes again, Tia Please have your medicine What was she talking about?
– l don’t know what she was saying Please take your medicine What if l had said more…? Someone or the other is surely
going to remind her of the past What are you thinking about? Mrs Bharucha speaks of one problem There are going to be many more. l know, mother… you hate the sight of me. l’m
responsible for whatever has happened But l want to stand by you
in this hour of crisis l want to devote my entire life
in the service of your family Sister… wounds heal with treatment And grief is alleviated
when you share it What do you want me to do? To forget everything and forgive him? Him? Only till Tia regains her memory. After that l’ll accept any decision
the two of you take Please give me one opportunity
to make up for my blunder All right. So you don’t want
to give my son this opportunity Don’t forgive him. Do as you wish… tell your daughter the truth
and kill her! l’m trying to reason with her,
but she… Madam, in a car accident,
people pay money to hush up matters No one comes forward to take
responsibility for the dead or ailing But my son has taken this step. On his own responsibility… he wants to take you folks
far away from this place… so that no acquaintance
will rake up the past… and become the reason
for her death But you aren’t letting that happen. Because you own their lives, you see! Because of my son’s mistake,
Raj lost his life. But you you will lose … ..your daughter because
of your arrogance and stubbornness Whether you forgive my son or not,
you must at least think… of your daughter and
your grandson’s future We were going to South Africa,
to your best friend Anita’s house When the car met with an accident… Anita and Jai were also there
with you in the car You lost your memory in the accident
and Anita lost her life Anshu is Anita and Jai’s son…
he loves you very much You’re his aunt, after all lf you stay with him, he won’t
feel the absence of a mother As the doctors have said… there will be an improvement in your
health, if you go to a new place That is why Jai is
taking us with him Don’t cry, Anshu…
enough, my child… Give him to me Come to me, my son…
come to your aunt You’re doing so much for us…
mother has told me Don’t say thanks, please l’m the one responsible for
whatever has happened to you The truth is that
when l think of your loss… l find my own grief
to be so very little My P.A., Swami
– How’s the little boss..? Anuj! You haven’t recognised Uncle Swami?
– His name is Anshu, not Anuj Sorry. Faux pas. You must think before you speak She’s stern.
– Bring the luggage in your car, Swami They’ll come in my car.
– Take the baby, Tia Give him to me Greetings, sir.
– Greetings Get their luggage from the car
and show them to their room lf there is anything you need,
please let me know Anshu’s crying Swami, why’s he crying? Looks like he needs servicing We’ll have to change his nappies You mean me? l’m his dad, after all When you grow up…
join the fire brigade! Sir, here l go for a dry-cleaning You don’t know how to take care
of a child l’ll learn.
– Why haven’t you yet? l didn’t have a child… l mean, he always clung to his mother Henceforth, he’ll cling
to his aunt. Right, Anshu? By the way, who has
he taken after? He’s exactly like his mother. The same lovely eyes, the smile… the beautiful moon-like face Come, steal my heart… my sweet little angel Give me a smile… my sweet little angel l have always been
in love with you… but how do l tell you? You do not understand
how l pine Come, steal my heart… my sweet little angel Give me a smile… my sweet little angel My life now revolves
around you My hopes are all pinned on you The sight of you
makes me realise… you are the one
my breath is tied to Make me forget my woes… my sweet little child Do smile, my sweet little angel Come, steal my heart l live in a world
of your memories Never can my heart
ever forget you You mean the life to me.
Come, let me show you… every time my heart beats,
it craves for you Put me to a test,
O sweet little angel… Do smile… O sweet little child l have always been
in love with you… but how do l tell you? You do not understand
how l pine Come, steal my heart… my sweet little angel Give me a smile… my sweet little child l’ve brought tea for you Tea.
– No, l’ve already drunk some Have it. l don’t make a bad cuppa lt’s so hot…
and you drank it all in one gulp? Yes, actually l’m getting late
for my office Sit down… while l finish my tea So how did you find Cape Town? l have a long list… how many things will l tell you about?
There are trees that remain standing Mountains that don’t
budge an inch And the Sun… it rises and
sets at its own time The atmosphere is pretty healthy
and cooperative out here l’ve seen the morning,
evening and night… l can see it all from your terrace.
Come over, if you have the time l’ll show you Cape Town too. ln that case, get ready… to take you around Cape Town
is my responsibility This is Cape Town’s most
interesting place This is where the Atlantic Ocean
and the lndian Ocean… after miles of journey,
leaving everything else… merge together. From here begins
a new identity for them… a new journey.
– And a new story Like mine.
After losing my memory… l am also moving in a new direction l some times wonder
what my past was like Was it better than what l have now? Or did l lose something precious? And then, l laugh it off What is lost, is not coming back And what l have,
l don’t want to lose You have come to terms with yourself
in this situation, Tia But there are people in the world .. …who would want to live their lives again… if they are given the opportunity Jai, do you also look forward
to starting a new journey… giving up the past like these oceans? Yes. l’m one of them too But life doesn’t give everyone
the opportunity The past never returns…
memories are all we have Shall we go? Know what, Jai? l wondered how
l’d adjust life in this alien city But you’ve made everything
so easy for me ln you, l’ve found a friend l
can be angry with, fight with… and also love How about an ice-cream? Let’s have our palms read Sit down. l’ve shown many
people the right path What are you getting into, Tia?
Come on One moment… let’s see
what he’s going to say Suspicions are but natural.
You can’t control your mind Extend your palm
without any hesitation, lady Your nice times are about
to begin A very bright future!
– Forget about the future Can you tell me something
about my past? About the days gone by?
– The days gone by…? So you want to test
my prowess, l see! Ask what you want to!
Without any hesitation Who am l…?
– A girl, a female Let’s go, Tia.
– One second Your past is all too clear
in your palm Your past speaks of
a husband and a son Let’s go, Tia. Please.
– However… your past is eclipsed What does that laughter mean? You’re getting it all wrong! That isn’t my past,
but it can very well be my future l told you, they will say
anything for the money Here you are. Let’s go.
– lt’s God who gives l’m only a medium! One day,
you will get to know the truth! My predicition is never wrong.
– Don’t take him seriously, Tia They’ll speak any lies for money His lies could well prove
to be the truth The truth is that you were
far away from me… and l wanted to get close to you. And now that you are close… l must keep away from you You have lost your memory.
And l’ve lost sight of my goal l walk, but there is no path.
l live… but l’m not among the living Give me that photo.
– Can’t l see Anita’s picture? Oh my heart… this heart of mine… oh this heart of mine… when shall it be
worthy of you? My heart… l hear the bridal shehnai
being played at a distance… and l dream
of a bridal palanquin That l will be your bride… says the chiming
of my anklets Every step you take is towards me…
for l am your goal Oh my heart… this heart of mine… when shall it be worthy of you? l shall love you forever… you’re the one
l’m crazy about, my love ln what words will l tell you…? this heart of mine
beats only for you Do please solve this
predicament for me, my love Oh my heart… my heart… when shall it be worthy of you? My heart… oh my heart How did you find Cape Town?
– lt’s nice l slipped on the beach, Ma… Tia, go to your room and change All right Tia’s speaking the truth…
– l want no clarification! lf l have agreed
to stay with you… it’s only to keep
Anshu and Tia together Do not try to take advantage
of my daughter’s plight… and drive her wayward.
– But mother… l gave only Raj the right
to call me mother You mustn’t even dream
of taking his place Not in my life,
not in Tia’s The father won’t telephone
and the son shows airs! Come, mother Anshu’s so cute, isn’t he?
Do you like him? Very much.
– Me too How about everything else?
– Everything else? Swami And Jai? What is the matter, mother?
You don’t ever talk about Jai Don’t you approve of me
talking and joking with him? Every relationship has
its limits, Tia But a relationship of the heart
knows no limits, mother Which is why, despite losing
everything, l have a mother like you… a son like Anshu
and a friend like Jai Jai has defined his
own limits, mother lt would be good for every one,
if he keeps to his limits The girl l wanted to
make your daughter-in-law… is in your house today, Ma But l still can’t make her
your daughter-in-law All l’m destined to have is
Tia’s company, Ma. Only her company Not her love You thought you’d
give me a surprise But l found the opportunity first.
Right? l have another surprise. Come on Your jacket, sir You may keep your bag at your side.
As for the food… Chef Tia has personally
cooked your favourite dishes How do you know these
are my favourite dishes? When hearts meet, one gets to know
of the other’s likes and dislikes Like you found out that
blue is my favourite colour Let’s make a wish today Maybe this is the moment that
will bring light into our lives And what will l have to do? Close your eyes
and make a wish What happened, Jai?
– l’m very tired At least have your food.
– l’m not hungry Listen, Jai… How helpless am l? l’m a shattered man My heart is sinking… and the shores are close by What do You want…? What do You want after all? You took away my memories.
But l didn’t complain l thought whatever You did,
was for the better But why are You distancing
Jai from me? Why don’t You awaken love for me
in his heart? Complaint aren’t the solution
to your problems Every setback ought to be
your ladder to move forth Your determination will get stronger
and you’ll get what you wouldn’t have That’s easier said than done.
Mere words of courage that don’t help They do help, my child.
– Child…? Who are you and how did you
get into the house? l walked in through the door.
– The door…? All right, but what are you
doing in this house? l’m here to meet Jai.
– Do you know him? l’ve heard of him, but we’ve
never done business together You mustn’t. He can’t respect a girl.
What business will he do? He can’t concentrate on his work.
He’ll ruin the whole business… and bring the old man on the streets!
– Old man? His dad His dad, the old man! Thanks for
giving me the inside stuff Can l solve any problem for you? Weren’t you talking about
a problem just now…? Well, to my misfortune,
l’ve fallen in love with him With Jai But he won’t even look at me.
The sonofagun! Useless chap! He’s earning
curses for his father! There isn’t another girl, is there? l’ve been told that
Jai Mehta is a playboy What…? Get up! Up!
– What happened? You don’t even know Jai and
you’re already bad-mouthing him? Get out!
– Strange! lf l say something about him,
it’s a bad thing You weren’t singing praises
for him just now, were you? l’ll go and tell Jai Mehta what
sort of people live in his house! Who are you to interfere
in our family affairs? Who…?
l’m the gun, and he’s my son You’re his…?
– Father Swami told me that you’ve arrived You weren’t even attending the
hotel’s anniversary. l was… The anniversary was just an excuse Tell me something, my child Are you convinced that Jai
is not in love with you? Absolutely. There are only two
people who matter in his life Anshu. And Anshu’s mother You’re so right, my dear But that which has gone away,
never comes back. Does it? No So Jai must also try to start
life afresh, mustn’t he? Yes, he must After all, one accident isn’t
bigger than life itself lt is. Some times,
an accident is so big… life itself is dwarfed in front of it. May l say something? Despite a journey of mishaps,
life still goes on Absolutely right.
Yesterday is past-tense lt can’t be changed.
– You’re right Nobody can change yesterday. lt’s
better to forget what has happened lt’s time for Anshu’s meal.
l’ll attend to it ? Whatever anyone says, my child,
l accept you as my daughter-in-law You will have my support in anything
you do to win over Jai’s heart There’s a party to celebrate the
anniversary of our hotel tomorrow So… l admit, there is a limit
to which love can go… l do agree, there is
a limit to one’s patience l agree, my heart beats
only for my beloved l agree, there is a limit
to which l can yield My love, O my love… O my love… ln love, when fear
gripped my heart… this distance between us,
my heart could not take l went so crazy,
l could understand nothing… in love, when fear
gripped my heart… this distance between us,
my heart could not take Oh my love… my love… O my love, my love… ln love, l must live and die Without love,
l have nothing else to do l’m not going to fear
the world anymore Love possesses
every heartbeat of mine ln love, when fear
gripped my heart… this distance between us,
my heart could not take O my love, my love… To fall in love, isn’t easy.
lt’s very difficult Those that tread the path of love,
never find their goals ln love, you gain nothing What is love…?
Nobody could ever understand ln love, when fear
gripped my heart… this distance between us,
my heart could not take l went so crazy,
l could figure out nothing O my love, my love… my love, my darling l know how it feels when your love
is reciprocated with indifference But l also know that you are
the only one Jai loves l mean, you are the only one
Jai will love We must find a way
to make Jai promise… to make you my daughter-in-law
in the next 24 hours Promise, my foot He loves you very much, doesn’t he?
– Oh yes, so…? So…? So…?
– So…! Tia, why are you crying? Jai, your dad has had
a heart attack! Come home immediately! Are these clothes okay
for the death scene? She’s talking to him! Any clothes
are okay for a death scene Jai has left the office.
Get on with the preparations l’m so nervous, l hope l don’t
really have a heart attack We’ll handle it, if you do The whole game depends on you!
– You remember the lines…? My son…
– Wrong! Your heart is on the left.
– All right Jai, after you are dead… Speak the lines properly! lt’s your death scene. Not Jai’s! Jai, my son… after l’m dead… Exactly! Get that! My son, after l’m dead, buy a new house for yourself Make a new house, l say!
– Settle down! Not make a house l see, so it’s settle down!
– May l play the role? l remember all the lines.
– Here comes another actor! But this is an original play.
We can’t change fathers! May l say something,
if you don’t mind? You’re a very bad actor.
You can’t remember your lines! Bring out the pain…?
– l’m trying… l’m squeezing my sides,
but l feel no pain Bring it out from the insides.
– l see, all right Where are you going?
– You said inside, didn’t you? l mean, feelings from
inside your heart Master Jai is here!
– ls he…? Look, son. l’ve had a heart-attack…
– Go on inside! What happened to dad?
– ln your room upstairs Have some holy water Swami, what happened to him?
– He’s going away Tia, did you telephone a doctor?
– The doctor was here He said it’s too late.
There are no chances of survival Hasn’t Jai come as yet…?
– l’m right here, dad What happened to you?
– Heart attack You used to take such good
care of yourself. How did… Quickly say what you’ve got to.
You don’t have much time, uncle That’s right.
We can’t see you suffering My son, you’ll have to do
what l ask of you today Of course, l will.
– Promise me, Jai… after l die…
– Keep talking. Don’t stop lt’ll relieve you of the burden.
– Say it After l’m dead, make a house…
settle down But dad…
– Don’t refuse, Jai You’ve given me your word.
You’ll do as l say Anshu needs a mother
for his upbringing l want you … ..to settle down
with Tia With me…?
– Anshu won’t call you aunt He’ll call you mother.
Mother! lf you wish, for Anshu’s sake,
l will… Tia has agreed to the wedding And Anshu’s so happy
with the development Promise me… that you
will marry Tia alone But you know… He’s gasping for breath!
Say yes! l promise…
– Will you marry me? What are you staring at?
Nothing’s wrong with me! l’m fit as a fiddle! The heart-attack…?
– There was nothing! Nothing! l wanted you to promise that you
love Tia and that you’ll marry her And you said it! Does anyone joke around
with death? Perhaps you forget.
Tia’s is the mother of Raj’s child Perhaps you even forget
that it is your son… who has brought Tia
to this state You also forget that Tia is leading
a life of illusions The day she gets
to know the truth… she will start hating you
and your son You seem to have
forgotten everything All right But you must not forget,
Tia’s mother is still alive lt would be better if you kept
only your duties in mind… and left my daughter’s and
my grandson’s future to me l seek your forgiveness
for whatever happened today But if you could forgive Jai… l understand your feelings.
But before you make any decision… about your daughter’s
and grandson’s future… please open this boxes
and take a look After that, l will respect
whatever you decision you take Good bye Come to your aunt Tia, Jai’s father came to me to
ask for your hand in marriage l have agreed You were against it till last night.
So what happened? All of last night, your words
echoed in my mind… that relationships of the heart
know no limits l can’t live with Anshu And Anshu cannot live
without you And you… without Jai This is why l have
accepted the proposal But Jai always keeps
a distance from me… l know. He stays aloof,
only because of me When you tell him that
l have consented… he’ll surely agree Do you want me to
have a word with him? No, mother. The past is sure behind me But l want to see my future
bright and clear l want to know what’s
in Jai’s mind l’ll break the news to him Anshu, you will call me mother,
won’t you? Once he starts, you’re the
only one he’ll call mother You have found your mother You have found your mother, Anshu Tia’s life isn’t like a piece
of blank paper, Ma lt’s stained with blood.
Because of me She’s in love with me today. But what if she gets to know the truth? For my happiness,
l can’t forget the past l can’t forget it. l can’t You had once forgotten everything
and prayed for a new life, Jai Tia…? God has today heard your
prayers and mine, Jai You don’t understand My mother has consented
to our wedding My palms will now be adorned
with bridal henna for you l shall apply the
bridal vermillion for you That’s not possible. Not possible? Man doesn’t stop living when he.. ..loses his dear ones, does he? Both of us have had to
go through the accident, Jai lt’s just that l didn’t express
the anguish l felt l’m fumbling in darkness, Jai. With just a lamp of hope You are my lamp of hope, Jai You… you won’t understand
my compulsions Nobody understands it.
– What compulsion is that? My conscience is stopping me, Tia.
– Conscience…? So why did you buy that gift for me?
Why did you write my name on it? Why can’t you tell me how you feel? Why don’t you admit that you love me? Because l can’t forget my past.
– You will have to forget it! Tia… what happened?
Why are you crying? We are not staying here anymore.
– What’s wrong? Where is the need to tell Tia? What has happened is in the past! You forgot the doctor’s words? She could have a brain hemorrhage!
She could go mad! Yes, l’ve gone mad!
l don’t want to live with Jai! And what happens of Anshu…?
– lt’s Jai’s duty to think of him When he won’t take me as his wife, how can l be his child’s mother? Anshu is Tia and Raj’s son When she gets to know that,
what will she think of me? Are you then waiting for her
to regain her memory? So that she becomes a widow
and starts hating you? No! But l know what l’m doing! You’re giving her more trouble
by spurning her You’re snatching away from her
the joys of her future Calm down, my child.
l’ll make Jai see reason No, you are not doing that.
l don’t want any pity! But my child…
– You called me your child, right? So come with me. Right now!
– We can’t go away, Tia You can’t be my mother! Tia! Listen to me! Where are you going? Jai! Tia has sped away in the car!
Stop her! ln love, l must live and die Without love,
l have nothing else to do Love is the intoxication
clouds my eyes in love, when fear
gripped my heart… this distance between us,
my heart could not take Oh my love… my love… Tia! Stop there! What’s gotten into you?
Have you gone mad? l’ll do what l want to.
Who are you to stop me? Let me die!
– Will death set everything right? Yes, it will. Leave me alone!
– You’re thinking only about yourself You don’t care for others.
– There is no one! That’s not true, Tia.
– That is the truth too! Every relationship is fake…
– Nothing is fake lt’s just that you don’t understand.
– l don’t want to understand! Whatever we are doing
is only for your welfare l don’t want anyone’s sympathies!
l don’t need anyone! l don’t want to live anymore!
– You will have to live! For your mother.
For your son Anshu… What did you say…? Anshu… my son? ls Anshu my son? Wasn’t he born to you and Anita…?
Tell me the truth, Jai Or else… Anita was only my friend l was never married The accident in which
you lost your memory… killed not just Anita… it killed Raj too. Raj…? Who’s Raj? Your husband My husband…? Yes, Tia.
You were married to Raj You and Raj were in your car
when it collided with mine l’m your culprit l’m the one because of whom
this accident took place l’m the one because of .. ..whom
Anshu lost his papa Anshu is your son .. ..and Raj’s…
not mine Anshu… my son! Because of what the doctor said…
– No, mother… l had to lie to you To keep you alive, Tia l did whatever l had to, for the
sake of my daughter and my grandson But it’s Jai who has made
the biggest sacrifice He has done more than his bit And still, he mustn’t
have spoken his heart No, let me talk today Know what, Tia? You are the only
girl he has ever loved in his life Only you. Not just now…
from even before you got married But he lives with a guilt complex. He hopes for your memory to return… so you will pronounce a punishment
for what he did That accident was part
of my destiny, Jai lf not you, someone else
would have collided into us lf my words will help taking
the burden off your chest… l do forgive you Where are you going? Uncle, despite being told everything
and getting to know the truth… why don’t l recall my past? But l know today.. .. that l’m a mother, l’m a widow But Tia…
– No, Jai You’ve tolerated me enough. Not anymore Not anymore Wait, Tia. For my sake You’re only thinking about
yourself and your child, Tia For you, l was a married man
and a father till yesterday So why didn’t all this
occur to you then? You know why, Tia? Because you’re in love with me What if l tell you today.. .. that l
love you more than l ever did… and that l won’t be able
to live without you? lf l tell you today that l want to
give Anshu the love of a father… and my name… what will you do? Will you marry me? My Ma has today found
her daughter-in-law And Anshu has found his father